Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Some Of Klout's Changes Seem To Make No Sense

Recent changes for Klout in some cases look to be inaccurate at best.


Klout Score 34For those who look at Klout, the recent changes they made have adjusted some scores to make them more reliable. And for those who participate with Klout this may well be the case. I have chosen to not participate in Klout and prefer to use Klouchebag as an indicator of social involvement. While the parody site is fun, it is probably going away because of coming changes at Twitter. Guess I will have to move to Klout. But in looking around at Klout, I find some strange things on the site which do not seem to add up. While they are not going to reveal how they calculate scores, how can they calculate someone who is not even participating with Klout?

Klout Issue 1

I was looking around and ran across someone showing on Klout who is obviously not participating in the Klout process. That is indicated by the picture below where you are being asked to invite the person to Klout. As you can see here, their overall score jumped up when Klout made their recent changes. While I am not on Klout, these were sent to me and they do not make sense. So, I used my Twitter handle and connected with Klout and looked this up and sure enough these pictures are what I actually saw. My Twitter account does not get much usage, so my score was at 19, but my Twitter activity is showing on the Klout screen. So, how can I have 19 and this individual have 34? Somethings does not add up here.

Klout Issue 2

This person is showing no entries for Twitter at all. There is no Facebook or Google+ activity because the person has not connected to the online service. And yet, they have a score almost twice my value. Not that mine should be higher, but the question is how can this person have a value this high, not be participating and have no values showing on the screen? I took a look for this person on Twitter and found that the Twitter account has been suspended. Maybe Klout gives you a much higher score if your account is suspended. I kinda doubt that to be true.

While the recent changes are meant to make things more accurate, it would appear that individual listings such as this show that there work to correct problems is not done. Hopefully Klout can fix the numbers for some people who are not participating to really reflect what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment