Saturday, August 18, 2012

Klout +K's Broken - No Limit To +K's You Can Give

Klout's limit to maximum of 10 per day is unlimited now.


Klout Broken
This morning, I went out to Klout and looked around because it is the weekend. Not that it is not a work day, it is just a day when there are fewer people and things to be dealt with. And in looking at the new changes for Klout, I gave away some +K's to people in an effort to help my lowly score of 39. And to improve the score of the people that I am giving the points to. But a strange thing happened as I was giving the +K's away. My number of +K's available to give away did not change.

New Features? Unlimited +K's at Klout?

That would be a fantastic idea if Klout were to be giving away as many +K's as you could give out, but I doubt that is their intent. More than likely they are having some serious problems with the system and it appears few are saying much about this. So, I reached out to someone else I know and had them go on to Klout and start giving away +K's to myself and others. At about 30 +K's given away, they let me know the result. They never went lower than 9 +K's available to be given away. In my testing, I am at 8 and it has not gotten any lower than that value. I have probably given away 50 +K's at this point and will be giving away more as time permits.

Some are saying this is a spam job done on the site or even a hack. More than likely, it is the result of some change which has been made which is not reducing your counter as to the number of +K's you have available to give away. Twitter is just now starting to show Tweets about the unlimited +K's.

So, if you want to give away a large number of +K's, better hurry up and do it before they fix the problem.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Richard,

    On Friday afternoon we experienced a bug that enabled users to give out more than the daily 10 +K limit. We resolved the issue Saturday morning. To maintain the integrity of the Klout Score, we have rolled back all +K's given by users who gave out more than 10 +K's during the time the issue was active. None of these +K's will be included in anyone's score calculation.

    Klout Support

    ReplyDelete