Thursday, May 16, 2013

Build Your Own Power Bag With MyCharge Summit

MyCharge SummitThere are a lot of choices when it comes to your travel bag for carrying all your technology items. If you are like me and have to go to locations to do repairs on occasion, you need a bag which fits your needs and has the ability to charge up some of your devices. You do not want to have to plug into a wall socket at a client to charge up your smart phone. Which brings up the need to be able to charge things up in your tech bag. In the selection of bags, you can go for one that has the battery built in, but they are not as flexible as I would like. While they are the perfect solution when traveling by air, I prefer the idea of selecting a bag that fits my needs for calling on clients and then add in the charging abilities. For this, I really like the MyCharge Summit as the solution for keeping my devices with sufficient charge during the day.

The MyCharge Summit is a 3000 mAh battery which provides exactly what I need when helping clients. It is strange that the company web site is showing the MyCharge Summit as coming soon, as this has been available since last year. Guess they missed updating their site. This small battery charger which can charge up your smart phone multiple times is about the size of a smart phone, but a lot thicker. It comes with a built in Apple 30 pin connector and a built in microUSB connector. Handles my Samsung Galaxy S3. And it comes with a built in USB port where you can connect the device of your choosing.

This flexibility comes in handy to charge up a tablet and smart phone while I am moving from one location to another in SF. And the built in microUSB means that I do not have to carry a USB cable with me for my S3. If I have to charge up my tablet, the USB port is the answer. And if you have an iPad with the 30 pin connector, you are all set. If you have an new iOS device with the new Lightning connector, you will have to use the USB connection. The MyCharge Summit has 5 LED indicators on it to let you know the battery levels along with a retractable plug for when you need to recharge it.

One of the items that you might consider as strange is the talking voice on MyCharge Summit which tells you verbally when it begins charging the device and other status items. And if it knows the device, that will be included in the audio alert. If you do not like the voice notification, you can simply change it to a tone indicator or make the notifications silent which is my preference on many of the device which I have. Too many sounds may cause one to start to ignore them.

The MyCharge Summit 3000 is available at Amazon for $42 and is available in the colors of white, blue, purple or red. If you have a special bag you really like to use when visiting clients, then the MyCharge Summit is a great add on for making sure that your mobile devices have enough juice when you are on-site.

No comments:

Post a Comment